Ureki – a seaside climatic resort on the coast of the Black Sea situated in the Ozurgeti District, between Batumi and Poti, in 100 km from Kutaisi, and 50 km – from Batumi.
Physical-geographic location of Ureki, conditions of weather conditions as well as proximity to the warm Black Sea contribute to formation of the humid subtropical climate in the Ureki District. Duration of sun shining makes up, averagely, 1800-2000 hours. Average annual air temperature is too high and makes up 140C.
Rich natural foods, such as sea, sun, small-granulated “velvet” sand having magnetic features make the Ureki District the excellent place for active recreation and treatment. A seaside beach is represented with small-granulated sand rich of magnetite.
Visiting of Ureki is recommended to the people suffering from the following illnesses:
- Essential hypertension of the I-B and II-A stages without critical currency and without signs of the brain blood-circulatory embarrassment.
- Coronary atherosclerosis of theI stage (according to A.L. Myasnikov), with heaviness of illnesses not exceeding the I stage (according to L.I. Fogelson, L.A. Myasnikov and V.I. Metelitsa), i.e. patients without frequent attacks of stenocardia, with attacks appearing only in case of intensive physical and emotional loads.
- Atherosclerotic cardio sclerosis with compensated blood circulation or blood circulatory deficiency not exceeding the I stage.
- Myocardiodystrophy appeared as a result of overexertion of the cardiac muscle, as well as of endocrine, metabolic, toxic, neurogenic and other originations while blood circulatory deficiency not exceeding the I stage.
- Acquired diseases of cardiac valves without predominant stenosis of the left venous foramen and aorta with the compensated blood circulation or blood circulatory deficiency not exceeding the I stage and calmed rheumatic process.
- Obliterating atherosclerosis of vessels of lower limbs with absence of trophic ulcers and gangrenes.
- Obliterating endarteritis with signs of blood circulatory deficiency of the limbs not exceeding the II stage, in the period of remission.
- Chronicle thrombophlebitis of the lower limbs not earlier than in 6 months after an acute period.
- Elementary obesity.
- Illnesses of musculoskeletal system (rheumatic and infectious polyarthritis in a chronicle stage with absence of an active process, exchange-dystrophic polyarthritis, osteoarthritis, osteochondropathia and others).
- Functional illness of the nervous system – neurasthenia of a hypertonic form and forms of irritable weakness. Illnesses of the peripheral nervous system (neuritis, neuralgia) in the form of paresis at the stage of rehabilitation